Cord-cutters looking to stream their favorite channels but are on a budget should check out Philo and Frndly. Both are inexpensive options that pack a lot for your money. Both are subscription-based, which means you don’t have to sign a contract to watch your favorite movies and shows on live channels.
Below is a breakdown of each service to help you determine which one best suits your needs.
First, you need to make sure you have the right device before you start streaming your favorite shows and movies on Philo and Frndly. All you need is an Internet connection and any of the following compatible devices:
Philo’s programming includes more than 70 live channels, while Frndly subscribers can watch more than 40 channels live and on demand.
|american heroes channel||✓|
|BBC World News||✓|
|Cheddar Cheese News||✓|
|discovery of life||✓|
|pigeon family movies||✓|
|for your information||✓||✓|
|for your information||✓|
|big american family||✓||✓|
|great american life||✓|
|Hallmark Movies and Mysteries||✓||✓|
|heroes and icons||✓|
|Law and Crime Trial Network||✓|
|movies of a lifetime||✓||✓|
|made to taste||✓|
|we the television||✓|
|World Fishing Network||✓|
Plans, pricing, add-ons, and features
Philo offers subscribers over 70 live channels for the low price of $25 per month. Popular channels include A&E, AMC, BET, Food Network, Lifetime, Nickelodeon, Paramount Network, VH1, and more.
You can stream on up to three devices at the same time, and users can create up to 10 profiles per account. Plus, record your favorite shows with unlimited DVR and keep them for up to a year.
Although the streamer only has one plan, if you’re interested in adding more channels, you have a few different options and each comes with a 7-day free trial:
- MGM+: For an additional $6 per month, the MGM+ add-on features thousands of the latest hits, fan favorites, original series, documentaries and comedy specials, all airing commercial-free on MGM+, MGM+ Marquee and MGM+ Hits.
- STARS: The STARZ Add-on gives you access to today’s hits, classic movies, and bold original series, all commercial-free on STARZ, STARZ ENCORE, and STARZ Kids & Family for $9 more per month.
- Movie and more: For an additional $3 per month, the Movies & More add-on is the lowest-priced option, featuring award-winning movies, cult classics, celebrity stories, documentaries, and more on HDNet Movies, REELZ, Sony Movies, and FMC.
Try Philo free for a week
Frndly offers 40+ live and on-demand channels for $6.99 per month. Plus, subscribers can try it out for the first few days and watch popular channels like A&E, Hallmark, Lifetime, Vice, and more. The service has a loopback feature that allows users to rewatch shows 72 hours after the initial broadcast.
Unlike Philo, Frndly doesn’t offer add-ons, but subscribers can choose from three different plans that offer all 40+ channels.
- Essential: Frndly’s starter pack includes 40+ live and on-demand channels, SD video quality, and users can watch one screen at a time for $6.99 per month.
- Classic: For $8.99 per month, subscribers can watch all the channels Frndly has to offer in HD video quality. Also, the plan includes unlimited DVR recordings that you can keep for 3 months and you can watch 2 screens at the same time.
- Premium: He Premium The plan unlocks everything Frndly has to offer. For 10.99 a month, subscribers can watch all 40+ channels in HD video quality with unlimited DVR recording that you can keep for 9 months. Also, you can watch on 4 screens at the same time.
Try Frndly free for a week
What service should you choose?
If you’re looking for wallet-friendly streaming options, Philo and Frndly are two of the best services on the market. If you’re looking to spend less than $20 per month and still be able to watch live channels, Frndly is a buddy for your budget. However, if you’re looking to spend a little more and watch more channels, Philo is a perfect option. Depending on your needs and your viewing habits, you can’t go wrong with either!